Hotel Bed and Breakfast Avellino

Hotel B&B Avellino



Bed and Breakfast Hotels Farm Houses - Agriturismi Holiday Houses - Case Vacanze Guest Houses and Apartments - Affittacamere e Appartamenti Residence Hostels - Ostelli
Museums - Musei Villas - Villa Historic buildings - Residenze d Epoca Theatres - Teatri Library - Biblioteche Churches - Chiese Beaches - Spiagge Monuments - Monumenti Archaeological Areas - Aree Archeologiche Palaces - Palazzi Naturalistic Areas - Aree Naturalistiche Public Squares - Piazze Castels - Castelli Thermal Centers - Centri Termali Forests - Foreste

Search by Type Avellino

The of campania Appennino, reached in the province of Avellino, is opened to the center of a formed width conca from the Picentini mounts. In this evocative scene it is spread Goes it them of the Saturday in which the city of Avellino rises, capoluogo of the Irpinia. The city is encircled to the northeast from the Montevergine (m.1493) that it is sure most famous of mounts of the Partenio, characterized com' is from omonimo the Benedictine sanctuary of XII the century, place to 1270 m. Main the water course that crosses the city is the S. Francisco (by now nearly of the all place setting) and the Rigatoreche covers fondovalle the Fenestrelle. Thanks to the exploitation of the water energy of the river, along its way in the centuries pass to you were the most active flourishing and the processes of the working of the cloth, wools, the ironworks, the flour mills and cartiere. The city of Avellino is found to being a point centers them in the important crossing communication ways combines the Adriatic to the Tyrrhenian one, beyond connecting the beneventana area and that salernitana, this last one through goes them to them of the Sarno and the Irno. And obvious that the territory enjoys a natural water resource thanks also to the next presence of the river Heat, than, feeding the aqueduct of the High Heat, it not only supplies water to extraprovincial the most numerous city but also to common of the province and. The surrounding campaign, remarkablly reorganized from the been left over one of the constructions of these last decades, is rich of vegetation with prevalence of nocelleti that they produce the valuable ' avellane ' nocciuole. The fertility of the earth, rich above all of ortaggi and yields, it must to the salubritÓ of the climate and to the abundance of the precipitations that happen in the course of the year. The climate of Avellino is in fact of continental type: rigid in winter, it introduces also in the warm season remarkable excursions in the daily temperature for the sensitive lowerings of the same one in the nocturnal hours. The mountains (Montevergine and Terminio) are constituted from limestone and mesozoiche cliffs. To Avellino city and in the collinari zones of the outskirtses the sottosuolo ignimbrite is constituted from the so-called tufo of campania gray (), of vulcanica origin, eroded from the two rivers that cross one valley.

HISTORY
To half road between mar Tyrrhenian and the Adriatic sea, in the heart of the Campania, between the Puglia and the Basilicata, from a ' ancient tribe of nomadic origin - sannitica, the Hirpini gave life to the first inhabited nucleus of the City of Avellino. Its strategic position soon recalled the interest of the Roman that has left in the city one indelebile trace not only thanks to one wonderful roman villa (going back to the period of the fights between Gracco and Silla - that is in year 129 a.C.) built up on the hill where today the Dome rises and that then it surpassed the entire city. It endured, then, the barbaric invasions of the Vandali and i Goti.Nel IX sec. (year 1000) was built up the situated castle longobardo on the hill "Earth" (C.so Umberto). The city was part of the Principato of Benevento until its fall and then dominion of the Principato of Salerno. In the 1100 divenne county of Riccardo of the Aquila.Successivamente it passed from the Filangieri Family to the Caracciolo, except a short period during the Spanish domination. In the 1287 divenne Capoluogo of the Principatus Ultra Serras Montorii. The Angioini to Naples returns to you, Avellino in 1581 returned feudo of Marine Caracciolo. Until 1806 thanks to this Lineage, it succeeded to acquire remarkable importance, although the Capoluogo had been transferred to Montefusco, more centers them regarding the feudo. It was theatre of the revolutionary motions of 1820, sign of one flourishing ability to self-determination and the search of freedom. Contrarily to how much auspicious one, the Unit of Italy not giov˛ to the economic and social development. Avellino "knew the war" in the september of 1943 for a useless strafing of the Public square of the Market (puts into effect them Public square of the People - where the monument to the victims of the earthquake of 1980 rises) because the Americans meant to hinder the withdrawn one of the panzer German demolishing the Bridge of the Ironworks.

MAIN MONUMENTS:
Casino of the Prince, Church of Costantinopoli, Customs, Fontana of the three cannoli, Dome, Church of the Carmine, Tower of the clock, Obelisco, Palace Crossbowmen, Caracciolo Palace, Palace De Peruta, Cucciniello Palace, Palace of the Government, Palazzotto, Agricultural College, Palace of the Culture.



Municipalities of Avellino:




Part of the information regarding the history, the art, the traditions and the events about the city of on this page is drawn from www.wikipedia.org respecting the GNU Free Documentation License.