Hotel Bed and Breakfast Sondrio

Hotel B&B Sondrio



Bed and Breakfast Hotels Farm Houses - Agriturismi Holiday Houses - Case Vacanze Guest Houses and Apartments - Affittacamere e Appartamenti Residence Hostels - Ostelli
Museums - Musei Villas - Villa Historic buildings - Residenze d Epoca Theatres - Teatri Library - Biblioteche Churches - Chiese Beaches - Spiagge Monuments - Monumenti Archaeological Areas - Aree Archeologiche Palaces - Palazzi Naturalistic Areas - Aree Naturalistiche Public Squares - Piazze Castels - Castelli Thermal Centers - Centri Termali Forests - Foreste

Search by Type Sondrio

Sondrio is situated to the outlet of the Val Malenco and is the greater economic center of the Valtellina; it is moreover a city where they come produced optimal wines.
The Sondrio name presumes drifts from the term longobardo sunder, land classified, of property and cultivated from the master.
In the 1311 Sondrio it came shaved to the ground, but very soon it came reconstructed with walls defensives.
In 1335, Sondrio and all the Valtellina passed subsequently under the dominion of the Visconti and under that one of Sforza. In the period after the 1500 Sondrio it came enriched to architectonic level that artistic thanks to the constructions of palaces like the Sertoli palace and other works.
In 1797, Napoleone conquered the Valtellina annexing it to the Cisalpina Republic. With the successive one died of Napoleone and the conference of Vienna the Valtellina entered to make part of the Lombardic-Veneto reign: a period of great splendor and rebirth was this.
In the 1859 Valtellina it was freed from Garibaldi entering to make part of the reign of Italy.
The heart of the city of Sondrio is represented from puts into effect them Garibaldi Public square, realized during the domination Austrian. In Garibaldi Public square a obelisco rises with four statues that was constructed in honor of Ferdinand I° of Austria. Other splendid worthy public squares of famous are Carbonera Public square, Public square Crosss-roads and Campello Public square. To Public square Crosss-roads century rises beautifulst going back round Fontana to the XIX° crowned from nobiliari palaces between which Sertoli Palace, Palace Coat and Paribelli Palace.
To Cabonera Public square we find the ancient Carbonera House characterized from a porch to three arches and from loggiati adorn to you from elegant columns and capitelli in rinascimentale style.
To Campello Public square we find the Collegiata of the S.S. Gervasio, the Protasio and the Pretoriano palace, going back building to VI century today municipal center. Other attractions in the city of Sondrio: the Sanctuary dedicated to the Madonna of the Sassella, the Church of Saint Rocco, the Churches of Sant' Anna and Saint Lorenzo, the Diocesiano Museum, the Etnografico Museum of the Civilization Peasant, the valtellinese Castle of the De Piro and Museum.



Municipalities of Sondrio:




Part of the information regarding the history, the art, the traditions and the events about the city of on this page is drawn from www.wikipedia.org respecting the GNU Free Documentation License.